Tuesday 10 October 2017

Big Update Part 7 - Phil Sharples Little Steam Loco + Tender

Another kit from the Phil Sharples stable but this time its a locomotive. Its a small 0-4-0 steam outline powered by a couple of AAA batteries via an on/off switch so no speed control or direction control. It will be fitted with remote control in the future.
What the loco should look like I hope
The kit of parts in all its glory
The wheels are the first job complete with coupling rods.
Wheelsets ready for use
The chassis under construction
The body under construction
The boiler top detail added
The body with details added
Cab detail going in
Electrics in place
Almost complete and getting a test run
Last bits of detail going in. I also added rivet and bolt detail on the buffer beams.
Painting in progress
A little while later I bought a tender kit which is build in the same way as most of the wagons.
The loco completed
And the tender
I was going to get some nice pictures of the loco at Brambleton but one of the wheels slipped on the axle putting out the quartering and derailing the loco. It caused no damage but I didnt get the pictures. Once I sort out the wheel I will get those pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment